2022 has been going on for about 10 days now but this is my first post this year so… Happy New Year!
Hope you brought January in well, trying to live in hope for 2022. Think we have seen it all over the last couple of years anyway. Better not be famous last words
Had a pretty good reading year last year even though I didn’t read all the books I planned to- more to read this year! Also just read what I wanted and got better at putting a book down if I didn’t like it.
A few things I’ll aim for this year below. Don’t know if they’re real resolutions but will at least be helpful guidelines for a mood reader who wants to have a bit more intention in their choices
2022 Book Resolutions:
- Continue with reading books I enjoy and get better with putting down books I’m not enjoying
- Read more books by Black Brits- new and old- hoping to share more of these here too! You can see some already posted here. It seems like there’s a lot more being published, I’m excited to discover more
- Read more books by Ghanaians in Ghana and the world over – new and old- I really want to find, enjoy and highlight more Ghanaian literature on the blog! I made a conscious effort to do so over the past few years and would love to share more. I’ve also been very inspired by the list of 100 books by Ghanaian writers put together by the The African Revolutionary Writers Awards
- Read more of the books I already own!
- Read more articles/ blog posts- I used to have a million tabs open, reading articles about everything, including around books. It feels like I never have time to do that any more because I’m scrolling through Insta/Twitter so much! Has this happened to anyone else?
- I love watching films and have been including some in my monthly wrap ups. I hope to have more film stuff on here, especially book to screen adaptations
Also, I’ve been listening to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts so might start incorporating them on the blog more
I hope to look back at the end of the year and at least have done some of these?? Do you have any reading intentions for 2022?